For Art Course Enquiry, please call us at 62550711 / 67332155 | or WhatsApp +65 9005 6716.
The medium of oil painting has a venerable and distinguished history of many centuries, and is still a popular medium among painters today. It is a rich medium known for its versatility, but a beginner may be intimidated to approach the medium.
At our studio, we provide professional oil painting classes. You will be taught materials knowledge and painting techniques through an academy-school approach, with the guidance of our teacher, who is a professionally trained artist. You will be taught observation, form and composition, colour mixing and blending, brushwork and a variety of oil painting techniques when you embark on your Oil Painting course journey with us.
Who Should Learn Oil Painting & What to Look Out For
Any adult or teenager with or without prior experience in any form of art can learn Oil Painting! Our Studio classes provide art instruction and guidance from a foundational level. This is to bridge any previous knowledge, and to give complete beginners a hands-down manual of the basics and step-by-step approach to Oil Painting.
Structured? Yes, it may seem that this academy-school approach may be structured for some, and therefore restrict the freedom of expression. However, at our studio, we teach you to acquire a good art foundation in whichever medium you choose to learn, and it is the skills and techniques that will equip you to explore your individual expressions and achieve your artistic goals – be it Abstract, Realism, Architectural Paintings, Landscape Paintings, or complexed Portrait or Figure Paintings!
TIP: We teach you to observe from actual subjects and this is an important training and foundation that anyone who wants to learn painting would need to do!
Where & How Do I Sign Up?
Call us at 6255 0711 / 6733 2155 now!
If you are eager to embark on your art journey with us, sign up for Oil Painting or our MOST POPULAR Art Immersion 24 sessions course ONLINE, call us or visit our Studio to have a chat with us to enquire and sign up for the course that works best for you! Once you have signed up online with your payment, we will send you an email to schedule your first lesson and other lesson schedules. Please note that you may come in during ANY SESSIONS (refer to below), however, there may be some sessions that are full, so it would be best to check with us! Our lesson schedules are flexible, so you may attend more than one lesson per week – as you please!
Beginner Oil Painting class will involve 24-36 classes and within these sessions, you will be able to learn 1) Basic theory of oil painting, familiarise yourself with the use of oil painting tools, understand the history and development of oil painting, oil painting techniques and brief introduction to various brushworks. In the beginner’s class, students will complete painting a combination of flowers (sunflower, trumpetflowers, lavender and yellow roses) with fruits or ceramic bowls or earthen jars with beige fabric as a background. Through these few oil paintings, you will learn about the correct proportions and perspectives of the still life placed in front of you and also apply the correct colour for both the subjects and the surrounding colour around the still life settings.
Intermediate Oil Painting class (will include building up on the things learnt in the beginners oil painting class) will offer you:
1) How to paint 3 sets of difficult still life figures e.g setting with a dark coloured fabric background combined with flowers and fruits as the subjects ; a set of glassware or steel based subjects such as a thermal flask etc ; setting with dark coloured fabric background combined with wine bottles, wine glasses and fruits. By painting the above 3 sets, you will be able to focus and learn about the texture of the objects, familiarise yourself with oil painting techniques such as crosshatching, hatching, dry brush, blending etc. to express the different textures of various objects.
2) Painting of plaster casts with a background fabric and at the same time, paint two sets the facial features of the plaster cast. Additionally, students will be taught how to use colours to define the features of the white plaster casts and observe the subtle change of colour used to notice the relationship between the warmer and cooler tones on the plaster casts.
3) Painting of plaster casts and learning about the proportion and structure of the facial features of the character’s head.
4) Painting of landscapes through observing photographs or pictures of sceneries. Students will be more informed about perspectives and learn several techniques on how to paint flowers, trees, architectures, street alleys, rivers and oceans.
Advanced Oil Painting class (will include building up on the things learnt in the intermediate oil painting class) will offer:
1) Observing photographs of good oil paintings
2) Oil paintings of portrait
3) Oil paintings of human bodies
4) Oil painting of your own creation e.g self portraits
Through observing good oil paintings from various sources, students will learn and emulate good works. In addition, through drawing and painting actual real models, one not only learns to be accurate and careful with the proportion of the model features but also learn how to paint such that the painting comes to life. Students can also choose to paint photographs or scenery that they have taken a liking to and even add a touch of their own creativity into the painting.