June Holiday Art Camps – Multi-media Drawing and Painting Kids Art Exploration Camp
Scroll down for more information!
This June Holiday, sign your kids up for an immersive art experience during the June Holidays! Visual Arts Centre has prepared a line up of activities that will engage and encourage your child to explore the diverse world of drawing and painting during our Multi-media Drawing and Painting Kids Art Exploration Camp! Go on a art journey as your child learns to draw and paint nature elements and explore how to use shapes! Learn about art elements in a fun hands-on experience in acrylic painting techniques!
Participants will get to take home all drawings and paintings and will all receive a certificate of participation.
Recommended for ages 6 and above
Camp Dates: 10-11 June
Monday and Tuesday
All materials are provided
**We are currently running a promo! Early bird discount when you sign up before 25 May 2019! 15% off at $204 (U.P. $240nett/pax) All materials provided.**
Hurry, sign up before its too late!
For registration or any enquiries, contact Visual Arts Centre at 6255 0711/ 6733 2155 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
> What can my child learn?
Through this 2 day programme, participants will get to learn and experience various drawing and painting techniques and also learn about elements of art such as colours and texture.
Learners will be introduced to the basic skills of drawing and painting, the fundamentals of art learning. Our facilitators will introduce students to drawing and painting, while teaching them technical skills of drawing and painting at the same time unique techniques that are engaging and expand their artistic perception.
This programme would give learners with interest in drawing and painting a unique opportunity to experience these mediums in a fun and engaging way!
Participants will also learn to become more independent in their art-making, and think more creatively. This programme also teaches participants how to make use of materials, to become more resourceful in their future projects.
Our facilitators will be here to guide our young participants to be more confident in their art-making skills, guiding them with a positive and encouraging attitude throughout this programme.
Day 1 – Fun in the Tropics
10:30am – 10:40am Brief introduction, welcome to VAC Multi-media Drawing and Painting Kids Art Exploration Camp Day 1!
10:40am – 10:50am Introduction to plants in the tropics.
- Brief introduction to drawing and sketching
- Teaching students how to draw and sketch using pencils
- Thinking outside the box and norms
- Materials knowledge – teaching children how to use how to use pencils and pens, the basics of art learning
10:50am – 11:30am Material Exploration- Floral and Botanical subjects
- Laying out sources of inspiration and references
- Sketching botanics and floral subjects
- Teaching students how to examine floral and botanical subjects
11:30am – 12:30pm Drawing animals
- Teaching children about the animals found in the tropics.
- Learning how to sketch and draw animals – textures of fur and hair etc.
- Teaching drawing and painting of animals.
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm – 2:00pm Preparing the canvas
- Sketching outline of character on canvas for acrylic painting
- Students to pick their favourite animal and drawing plants and animals on the canvas.
- Guidance of students on how to draw and paint their favourite plants
- Teach students how to make a setting and paint animals and plants in the tropical environment
- Adding textures on their painting – cutting up shapes of leaves and flowers to cut and stick on the canvas.
Day 2 – Patterns, Shades, and Textures
10:30am Brief introduction, welcome to VAC Art Camp Day 2!
10:40am – 11:00am Introduction to basic colour theory
- Teaching students about colour theory – primary, complementary colours etc.
- Teaching colour harmony – why some colours work together and some don’t
11:00am – 12:30pm Students will get to learn how to paint using the Pointillism techniques.
12:30pm – 1.30pm Lunch time
1.30pm – 2.30pm Material exploration – students will get to try out the different ways of using acrylic paints.
2.30pm – 5.15pm Painting time!
- Drawing their favourite character or subjects
- Using about the colour theory learnt, they will paint on a canvas.
- Show them interesting techniques so that they can learn how to paint using acrylic.
5.15pm – 5.30pm Debrief, a quick sharing session
- Certificate presentation and photo-taking session
Every Monday - Tuesday, from 10 June 2019 - 11 June 2019
Number of Sessions:
Visual Arts Centre Art Studio
Terms and conditions:
All sessions are to be completed within the course duration stated.